Direct Care Workers United for Change
Direct Care Alliance is the national advocacy voice of direct care workers in long-term care. We empower workers to speak out for better wages, benefits, training, and working conditions, so more people can commit to direct care as a career. We also convene powerful allies nationwide to build consensus for change.
Know Your Rights
Direct Care Alliance's Know Your Rights initiative informs and educates direct care workers nationwide about their rights under important laws and regulations, like the new home care final rule. Stay tuned for more information!
Fight for your passion, your job, your future.
- Join the movement to improve direct care jobs
- Get affordable health insurance--or help others get it
- Donate to help us help you
Direct Care Voices
Talking About #fairpayLast week Direct Care Alliance, 9to5 and the National Partnership for Women & Families co-hosted a tweet ... Read more »
Direct Care Workers in the NewsDCA’s Jessica Brill Ortiz will be one of the participants at a May 8 Capitol Hill briefing ... Read more »
Greater Houston DCA Members Take Time to Recharge“You touch with your heart long before you touch with your hand,” said one of the almost ... Read more »
Direct from the Headlines
- Why direct care worker wages are key to closing the gender wage gap
- The state of the direct care worker
- Why direct care workers are the new face of our economy
- DCA board member Erin Hayes says direct care workers make her family's life possible
- DCA's Tracy Dudzinski on why home care co-ops are a good business model
- The Huffington Post on the new minimum wage and overtime rule
- Bloomberg BusinessWeek on the rule and more recent coverage
- How low-wage workers--including DCA's Elizabeth Castillo--are falling further behind