Direct Care Workers United for Change
From 2005 to 2014, Direct Care Alliance was the national advocacy voice of direct care workers in long-term care. We empowered workers to speak out for better wages, benefits, training, and working conditions, so more people can commit to direct care as a career. Shortly after we closed our doors, we found a new home with the National Domestic Workers Alliance. We hope you will join us there.
Direct Care Alliance's Know Your Rights initiative informs and educates direct care workers nationwide about their rights under important laws and regulations, like the new home care final rule.
Please take this short (3-question) survey on NDWA's website to let them know if you want to keep fighting for home care workers.
Direct Care Voices
Welcome to Our New Home!When we realized that we could not keep our doors open past 2014, the board and staff ... Read more »
The Last WordDear Friends: When we closed our doors this June, we maintained a virtual office for three months while ... Read more »
Direct Care Workers in the News“The people that take care of me deserve a living wage,” says home care recipient Kyle Auxier. ... Read more »
Direct from the Headlines
- As demand for frontline caregivers soars, Direct Care Alliance strains for a lifeline
- Celebrate National Nursing Assistants Week by giving R-E-S-P-E-C-T year-round
- What older Americans really need
- Why direct care worker wages are key to closing the gender wage gap
- The state of the direct care worker
- Direct care workers: the new face of our economy
- Recent victory for homecare workers is a win for advocates
- A DCA board member on how direct care workers make her family's life possible
- DCA's Tracy Dudzinski on why home care co-ops are a good business model