Direct Care Workers United for Change
Direct Care Alliance is the national advocacy voice of direct care workers in long-term care. We empower workers to speak out for better wages, benefits, training, and working conditions, so more people can commit to direct care as a career. We also convene powerful allies nationwide to build consensus for change.
Direct Care Alliance is helping New Yorkers get free or low-cost insurance through the new health insurance marketplace. Learn how you can get help--or help others.
Fight for your passion, your job, your future.
- Join the movement to improve direct care jobs
- Get affordable health insurance--or help others get it
- Donate to help us help you
Direct Care Voices
Today is #GivingTuesday: Participate by Donating to DCAThe holidays should be about giving back, not just giving presents. That’s the idea behind GivingTuesday, which ... Read more »
Home Care Worker Fights for the Right to Assist ClientsOn October 4, Nashville home care worker Trumeko Foxx and librarian Exie Mai Harrington, along with Service ... Read more »
Learn How to Go from Home Care Worker to Business Owner in WIIn a recent Minnesota Post article, Tracy Dudzinski helped explain why home care co-ops are a promising ... Read more »
Direct from the Headlines
- DCA's Tracy Dudzinski on why home care co-ops are a good business model
- The Huffington Post on the new minimum wage and overtime rule
- ThinkProgress: why the new rule matters
- Bloomberg BusinessWeek on the rule and more recent coverage
- How low-wage workers--including DCA's Elizabeth Castillo--are falling further behind in our economic recovery
- DCA's Carla Washington on the 75th Anniversary of FLSA
- DCA's David Ward on investing in direct care jobs to strengthen our economy
- Immigrants key to looming home health aide shortage, says NPR